Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What!? Where has the time gone?

I can't believe it has almost been a month since I last posted. I have continued to be c.RA.zy busy! I had hoped to follow up on my last post quickly but my camera has been on the fritz. Some pictures were lost and ultimately said camera died resulting in the new purchase. I still have yet to figure this new prize out so I will be posting soon.

I am however halfway decorated for Christmas. Yikes! Our house still has some projects going so I am finding it hard to draw the line between which ones to continue and which ones to decorate around. Last year we only had six days to decorate before Christmas because we moved. I am spending some time going through our decorations, organizing, tossing, and donating. It is amazing how much this stuff accumulates! I do have purging inspiration, though. Actually it is like a fire under my a*%! The fire is my new obsession called Hoarders on A&E. Holy Krikes! I can not believe how some of these people live! I ,of course, am now on a ranging decluttering streak.

I am not a hoarder..nor does my house look like ANYTHING on this show but I definitely feel the need to get rid of EVERYTHING that is somewhat questionable in my home. For example, I was a teacher. I also taught theatre arts. I have to some degree been taught to save everything.... in case you need it. I have saved all my teaching materials for almost ten years in case I go back to teaching. Now, everything is tucked neatly into boxes, et al. but it is alot of boxes in my basement that have a 50/50 chance of me using again.

Have any of you career women turned stay at home moms had this problem? Or is it just me?

For now, I will leave you with a picture of mantel last year. Thanks to The Nester's tutorial I will never look at garland the same way again. This year our mantel is under construction, I am sure I could pull this off again and hide everything. We shall see!


Have a great day!

EMB

1 comment:

bloggerprotectionprogram said...

Thank you so much for my fabulous gifts and for coming to my party. It meant the world to me! Ready for the snow? xo, T